PAI (Policy Analysis Inc.) is a leading health-economics and outcomes research (HEOR) consultancy specializing in real world evidence (RWE) and clinical trial analytics, economic modeling and simulation, evidence synthesis, and HEOR planning and strategic consulting. We work with large and small pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide to help them achieve market access and reimbursement for technologies that improve human health. In January 2022, PAI and its sister company heRo3 were acquired by Fishawack Health, a global commercialization partner for the life-sciences industry. PAI and heRo3 join PRMA Consulting and Skysis in Fishawack’s new global Value, Evidence, and Access (VEA) capability. With the addition of PAI and hēRo3 to Fishawack’s existing market access capabilities, VEA provides end-to-end Market Access and HEOR solutions for its clients. This new capability is creating tremendous collaborative opportunities that are driving our need to expand staff at all levels of the organization.
Working at PAI
At PAI, we strive to be industry leaders in all we do. Our culture rewards analytical excellence, client focus, teamwork, mentoring, and continuous improvement. We enjoy the challenge, working hard, but also having fun and maintaining an appropriate work/life balance. We value diversity and have an inclusive work environment. We are always on the lookout for analytically exceptional, dedicated, and enthusiastic professionals to join our growing team.
We are seeking an HEOR Consultant to join our team of senior researchers.
- Prepare proposals for HEOR research projects.
- Manage development of study protocols and statistical analysis plans for research studies
- Direct and manage analysts conducting analyses of real-world evidence (RWE) and clinical trial data, developing economic models, and conducing evidence syntheses activities
- Manage preparation of study reports, abstracts, manuscripts, and other deliverables
- Manage all client communications
- Develop and implement systems for quality assurance of all internal and external deliverables
- Develop and nurture deep and lasting relationships with clients
- Provide mentoring and leadership to the analytical staff
- Manage project costs, invoicing, and revenues
- Keep well-informed about latest HTA requirements and HEOR methods
- Master’s degree or PhD in related field (epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics, bioinformatics, economics) and 5+ years of experience conducting RWE analytics for pharma industry, CRO, or academic institution
- Expertise in directing or managing analyses of RWE data sources such as Optum Clinformatics Data Mart®, Merative MarketScan® Databases, and IQVIA PharMetrics® Database
- Expertise in directing or managing development of economic models of health technologies including cost-effectiveness models, budget impact models, and/or cost-of-illness models
- Expertise in evidence synthesis activities including indirect treatment comparisons, network meta analyses, meta analysis, and population-adjusted indirect comparisons
- Knowledgeable in applied statistics including regression analysis (OLS, longitudinal, logistic, Cox, GLM/GEE), survival analyses (Kaplan-Meier, cumulative incidence, accelerated failure time models), and propensity weighting
- Excellent project management skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks to ensure timely completion
- Exceptionally confident and competent when interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills; highly effective at summarizing and presenting key considerations and evidence
- Remote or Boston location
- Full time salaried
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- 20 vacations days paid time off annually, plus the week between Christmas and New Year off
- Paid sick, family leave
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K matching program
- 100% covered Life Insurance
- Company-sponsored recreational outings
Fishawack Health is an equal opportunities employer and place where everyone is welcome. We believe success lies in our differences and only by embracing these differences can we build a healthier world together. We strongly encourage people from minority backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).